Caramelized Onion Hummus
I will never buy store-bought hummus again.
REPEAT AFTER ME!
I will never... okay, you get the point!
After creating this Caramelized Onion Hummus recipe, I swore to myself that I would stop buying store-bought hummus that often has unnecessary ingredients hidden inside. Especially, since it really is so easy to whip up your own batch.
It's no-bake, gluten-free, option for dairy-free, and super duper tasty.
*You do need a food processor for best results.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 drops of doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops of doTERRA Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Salt to taste
- Saute the chopped onion with butter or coconut oil until translucent
- Add balsamic vinegar and saute for another 1 minute
- To a food processor, add the chickpeas, sauteed onions, tahini, garlic, and lemon + black pepper essential oils
- Check consistency, and add 1 Tbsp of cold water at a time while you continue to process until it becomes a really smooth consistency
- Add salt to taste