Easy Meal Plans for Busy Entrepreneurs
Easy Meal Plans for Busy Entrepreneurs
One thing I have come to realize over my years working with clients is that some people LOVE a strict meal plan handed to them, and other people simply want guidelines. I've developed a super-simple framework for those of you looking for a foundational meal plan that serves your first 1500 calories of the day (this is baseline and is likely too little for most of you, but it can be tweaked based on your BMI)
Although I am the type to eat more intuitively, I enjoy the art of putting together a delicious + balanced meal plan for people who are busy and like to prep all at once. Whether you're a busy mama, swamped business owner, or are just looking to free up more time in your schedule... enjoy this free meal guide!
THIS IS A 1500 CALORIE MEAL PLAN*
*which is likely too low for many of you, so be sure to add in snacks or an extra meal where necessary
HOW IT WORKS.
→ Choose 1 Option From Breakfast, 1 Option From Lunch and 1 Option From Dinner
→ Choose 2 Options From Snacks
Tweak the recipes as needed to fit your goals: gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, etc.
350-Calorie Breakfast Choices
(add in more if you're active or higher body weight)
Florentine Egg Scramble on an English Muffin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked fresh spinach
- 1 whole-grain English muffin or piece of GF toast
- 1 cup fruit
- Make it: Scramble eggs with spinach. Serve on English muffin with fruit on the side.
Sliced Pear & Almond-Butter Toast
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- Make it: Toast whole-grain bread. Spread almond butter on toast and top with fresh pear slices.
Tart Cherry Muesli with Nut Milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup dried cherries & walnut mixture
- Make it: Pour milk on raw old-fashioned oats (prepare the night before and keep in the fridge overnight for softer oats). Mix in dried fruit + nuts
Banana & Protein Powder Smoothie
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 scoop protein powder (try Garden of Life or Vega)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- Handful of spinach
- Make it: Blend all ingredients until smooth.
400-Calorie Lunch Choices.
Tuna, Red Grapes & Walnuts on Greens
- 2 cups spring greens
- 3 ounces chunk light tuna
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing
- Make it: Top greens with tuna, walnuts, and grapes. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Avocado & Black-Bean Wrap
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Make it: Wrap black beans, avocado, salsa, and lettuce in tortillas.
Balsamic Chicken Salad on Rice
- 1 cup chicken
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped and sauteed onion
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- ½ cup rice/quinoa
- 1 cup bagged mixed salad greens
- Make it: Mix together chicken, vinegar, onion, and celery. Fill pita with chicken mixture and salad greens.
450-Calorie Dinner Choices
- grilled chipotle chicken, broccoli, diced tomatoes, shredded carrots, corn, and black beans served on a bed of mixed greens with balsamic dressing
Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix
- 2 tortillas
- Make it: In skillet, saute chicken, scallions, peanuts, hot sauce, and shredded vegetables for 8 minutes. Wrap in tortillas.
- Miso soup (1 cup)
- Tuna roll (6 pieces)
- Small seaweed salad
Three-Pepper Cilantro Fajita Mix on Rice
- 1/3 cup each sliced red, green and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup beans of choice
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Make it: Saute peppers and onion in olive oil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Warm refried beans; spread on tortillas. Top with sauteed vegetables and cilantro.
Grilled Fish & Vegetables
- 1 filet of fish, such as salmon or tilapia
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped squash of sweet potato
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- Make it: Place fish, hoisin sauce, yellow squash, pea pods, and carrots on a baking tray. Fold and seal. Cook packet on grill for 10 to 12 minutes (vegetables should be tender and fish should flake easily with a fork). Serve over brown rice.
Vegan Pad Thai
Recipe here. 1 serving is a portion.
150-Calorie Snack Choices
Eating between meals is a good thing! Choose two of these each day — each is under 150 calories!
- 3 tablespoons nuts & dried fruit
- 14 almonds and a small apple, peeled
- 1/4 cup hummus and 1/2 cup baby carrots
- Banana + 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- Protein powder mixed with water + ice
- Rice crackers