Ten years ago, I doubt anyone would have needed to read this blog post..
Today, there are thousands of fellow wellness practitioners that could benefit from this type of conversation, simply because it is a topic that doesn’t get talked about, and that we’re not taught in school. Whether it is out of fear, shame or embarrassment—nobody wants to admit that the struggle is real!
How are wellness coaches, yoga teachers, nutritionist, personal trainers and other teachers of health supposed to make ends meet (financially) when beginning a business, trying to secure clients, and competing with thousands of others in the same space?
Another topic that we don’t cover in school is how to scale our businesses to the next level, so that we’re not constantly hustling for that next client or patient.
As soon as I graduated from The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, I knew one thing for certain– that you would not catch me dead practicing in a clinical setting (i.e. a clinic with other health practitioners, inside 4 blank walls). Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that, it just wasn’t my path– the small 4 walled rooms, the limited working hours that you were restricted to based on patient availability, the rental fees or cash split that you owed to the clinic, and the lack of scalability that was possible.
I had a bigger vision.
Living in a global economy, I knew that there was a massive and unlimited online market that I could tap into and use to my advantage. I wanted to help people, but not be limited to just 6 or 7 patients per day. I wanted to help thousands per day, and eventually millions per year. There is no end to my long term vision at this point!
Choosing to practice in a clinical setting or location-bound business is not a bad choice, but it’s certainly not the easiest way to scale + grow your business, become financially free (i.e. not need to trade hours or dollars), and creating massive impact on the world.
Since graduating, I’ve toughed through my fair share of full time and part time jobs.. and through all of them have learned a LOT about what I do and don’t desire in a job. I’ve also learned a few key takeaways that led me to adding in doTERRA to my business model, which was by far the smartest thing I’ve done to date.
But before I tell you why, let’s back track and talk about WHY nutritionist and wellness practitioners will want to add in doTERRA to their income streams + business models…
- You should have a product or service that can make you money while you’re not seeing clients…You’re a smart and adventurous babe, right? Then you need to be able to take vacation, step away for the hustle for a few days or weeks, and be rewarded for the endless hours that you DO put into your business.Adding an income stream like doTERRA natural health products into your business plan means that you’ll finally tap into what’s called residual income. You know, the type of income that comes alongside people purchasing things like an e-book or video series that you created off of your website.
- You clients will look to you more for than just nutrition / food advice (i.e. supplements, green cleaning, natural beauty, etc.)So you’re a personal trainer? Clients are going to look to you for supplement suggestions and ways to recover (naturally) more quicklyMassage therapist or yoga teacher? Enhancing the class or session with essential oils is always a hit. We have many RMT’s and Yogi’s on our team that I’d be happy to put you in touch with!Have a blog, or health-focused following on Instagram? Want to build one? Once you establish your voice + position as a source of quality advice—your audience is going to want recommendations from you. GOOD recommendations! Be ready to provide them with some, and also be compensated for your time and advice.
- You do not want to be hauling buckets for the rest of your life, and should have a pipeline that will grow with you…I want to see my business grow, daily. And how I choose to do that is by creating a network of like-minded people who work together to grow this collective vision of helping people shift to a more natural lifestyle.
- Being a solo entrepreneur can be lonely! doTERRA allows you to tap into a community of like minded wellness advocates in your area and globally.Would it surprise you to know that I’ve met some of the smartest, most driven, and creative babes through my business? There is a reason doTERRA attracts top leaders and women who are truthfully changing the world.
Fast forward to today…my business model is no longer centered around nutrition & one on one coaching.
I’ve now shifted into…
- Teaching natural health workshops both in-person and online
- Sharing how people can incorporate essential oils into their routines, and shift away from conventional/harmful products
- Introducing people to doTERRA, which they can purchase from me on a monthly basis (and love that they don’t have to leave their home to get the best oil infused products)
- Mentoring OTHER women who decide to build residual income using doTERRA as a key tool (Interested? Fill this out)
Don’t get me wrong.
I put a tonne of work into my business every single day, but what is required of me goes (far) beyond the walls of a 1 on 1 consult.
A typical day for me includes;
- Adding value every step of the way through someone’s health journey
- Providing guidance through my online Facebook communities, my social media, and to those getting started in this wellness business
- Mentoring new leaders each week who are ready to grow a business with doTERRA
- Chatting through monthly goals and long-term visions, so that I can help you plan your next step
- Team calls, connecting with my friends and fellow visionaries
There are SO many possibilities of how doTERRA can fit into your current brand—and this becomes where it’s important that we find the best alignment when you launch!
Adding doTERRA to your income stream should simply be an extension of who you are.
Which products do you want to know more about?
There are generally 3 options when choosing how to add doTERRA into your brand.
The ESSENTIAL OILS
(Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Oils + Blends)
(Life Long Vitality is one of the top selling supplement lines in the world!)
The LIFESTYLE PRODUCTS
(Clean beauty, cleaning products, and spa line)
When you launch your biz, you are guided every single step of the way towards building more abundance into your life. You and I will schedule weekly or bi-weekly calls; we go through the basics on launching your business like creating your story + vision + goals and target market. We will host your first class or workshop together (in person or online, based on where you live). We will create your social media strategy and attend events where we learn, laugh and expand our networks. It’s such a unique opportunity to tap into a life-changing community.
If nothing else, you’ll adore getting out of your clinic or home office to connect with incredible women.
I cannot wait to help free your life + support you in building a thriving business as a wellness practitioner. Knowing that you have a heart to serve others and support their journey into natural health, you are going to be wildly successful in this business.
To your growth,
-Kelsey, Holistic Nutritionist & doTERRA leader