Soooo…. this is not the most glamorous topic we’ve ever touched on. But here goes nothing.
You guys have heard me talk about cleaning up toxins from our homes and shifting to natural cleaning products, one step at a time. But for many of us, there’s still that dark cabinet in the bathroom that is home to the nasty stuff.
The Vim. The Toilet Bowl Cleaner. The Bleach… you know EXACTLY which cupboard I’m talking about!
Well— it’s time to clean it up! Today, I’m sharing a super easy recipe for a DIY (do it yourself) toilet bowl cleaner.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 15 drops of Essential Oil (I like doTERRA Purify OR Lime & Bergamot)
- Add baking soda to a large bowl, along with the castile soap
- Add your essential oils, and the hydrogen peroxide (which is a natural whitener)
- Add the hot water, while whisking (it will foam)
- Add the white vinegar
- Use a funnel to add the mixture to a squeeze top water bottle (you know, the ones that hockey players + cyclists use? you can get them at the dollar store)